This package includes 10 boxes, each containing 4 x 5 centilitre bottles + 2 boxes containing 5 x 5 centilitre bottles. Each of them is presented in an attractive box made in France, and accompanied by a tasting booklet that explains each of the rums.
These are the boxes of the month of June 2021, July 2021, August 2021, September 2021, October 2021, November 2021, December 2021, January 2022, February 2022, March 2022, April 2022, May 2022 (see our offer "the box of the month"). This is a surplus stock that we are selling by offering them for any order over 3000 euros. If you wish, you can of course also buy them.
We recommend a tulip glass to concentrate the aromas.
The rums in the June 2021 box are best enjoyed in the following order:
- Don Papa Rum 7 years, a resolutely gourmet "rum" aged at the foot of a volcano in the Philippines,
- Eminente Reserva 7 year old, the new iconic rum from Cuba,
- Doorly's Rum 12 years, a balanced molasses rum from the now legendary Foursquare distillery,
- Clément Select Barrel, a gentle introduction to Martinique's AOC agricultural rum,
+ a 5th different rum from one box to the next.
The rums in the July 2021 box are best enjoyed in the following order:
- Angostura 7 Ans, a rum from the small island of Trinidad with a great history,
- Real McCoy 12 Years, a rum that brings prohibition back to life,
- Magnifica de Faria Reserva Soleira, one of the oldest cachaças in the world,
Duppy Share Spiced Rum should be drunk separately, as an aperitif for example, so that it does not disturb the rest of the tasting.
The rums in the August 2021 box are to be tasted if possible in the following order:
- Chairman's Reserve Forgotten Cask, a rum from casks rescued from a fire in 2007,
- New Grove 10 Year Old Tradition, a British style rum but aged in French casks,
- O Reizinho 3 ans, a young agricultural rum which, for a change, does not come from the French West Indies but from Madeira.
Labourdonnais Fusion Orange should be drunk on its own, as an aperitif for example, so that it does not disturb the rest of the tasting.
The rums in the September 2021 box are best enjoyed in the following order:
- El Supremo 8 ans, both sweet and surprising with its notes of fresh cane,
- La Maison du Rhum Discovery Barbade, ideal for an introduction to the British style,
- ReimonenQ Vieux Première Cuvée Cœur de Chauffe, tasty, in the gourmet tradition of ReimonenQ,
Longueteau Punch Planteur should be drunk on its own, as an aperitif for example, so that it does not disturb the rest of the tasting.
The rums in the October 2021 box are best enjoyed in the following order:
- La Hechicera, a pleasant, unadorned "ron" from Colombia,
- Rum Nation Demerara Solera N°14, a "rum" with greedy notes of roasting,
- Bielle ambré, a nice surprise for such a young agricultural rum,
- Issan batch 2016, a very pure and natural cane brandy.
The rums in the November 2021 box are to be tasted if possible in the following order:
- Cihuatan 12 year old Cinabrio, a light and balanced "ron" from El Salvador,
- Equiano Original, a fruity blend of rums from Mauritius and Barbados,
- Rhum Towt The Answer, a young agricultural rum transported by sail from Marie-Galante.
"Les Rhums de Ced Ti Arrangés Mangue Passion" is to be enjoyed on its own, as an aperitif for example.
The rums in the December 2021 box are best enjoyed in the following order:
- Villa Rica Single Barrel 23 years, the "ron" voted best rum in the world by a jury of 200 chefs and sommeliers,
- Appleton 15 year old Black River Casks, a well-balanced and tasty Jamaican rum,
- Montebello rhum vieux 6 ans, a worthy representative of the generous agricultural rums of Guadeloupe.
"Longueteau Premium Schrubb is one of the best schrubb we have ever tasted. It should be drunk on its own, as an aperitif for example.
+ a 5th different rum from one box to another.
The rums in the January 2022 box are best enjoyed in the following order:
- Saint James Fleur de Canne, a chiselled agricultural rum, to be enjoyed dry, but also superb in ti-punch,
- Phraya Gold, a Thai rum with a basket of coloured fruits set in white wood,
- O Reizinho 3 ans, an agricultural rum with aromas of mature cane and notes of spices and fruity tannins...
- Botran Cobre, an old and spicy Guatemalan rum, is to be drunk on its own, with ice as an aperitif for example...
The rums in the February 2022 box are best enjoyed in the following order:
- Rum Nation 10 years Panama, a great introduction to Central American "ron",
- Mhoba Strand 101, an aromatic bomb from South Africa,
- Manutea VO ex-Banyuls brut de fût, round and fresh.
Isautier Arhumatik Coco, an ultra gourmet liqueur based on rum from Reunion Island, should be drunk on its own, with ice cream as an aperitif for example...
The rums in the March 2022 box are to be enjoyed in the following order if possible:
- Old Monk The Legend Rum, the Indian rum, a roasted concentration,
- Rivière du Mât Millésime 2006, with an assertive personality that contrasts with the consensual 2004 vintage,
- Père Labat Réserve Familiale 42°, a sweet and tasty agricultural rum with its cane aromas.
Professor Cornelius Ampleforth Rumbullion, the spiced English rum, is to be drunk on its own, in a cocktail with ginger beer for example...
The rums in the April 2022 box are best enjoyed in the following order:
- Demon's Share 12 year old, a round rum with a gently spicy and roasted character,
- Mezan Jamaica 2011, a seductive and accessible Jamaican rum,
- Clément Single Cask Canne Bleue, a smooth and balanced rum that presents the Martinique style with roundness and simplicity,
Mabi Kenet, is a punch, to be drunk on its own, with ice as an aperitif for example...
The rums in the May 2022 box are to be enjoyed in the following order if possible:
- Rum Nation Guatemala XO, a very smooth rum with notes of citrus and spice,
- Savanna Rhum Traditionnel 7 ans 2009 Fût n°726, with a melting and balanced texture and flavours,
- Baie des Trésors Fruits des pluies, a young rum from Martinique, subtle and elegant,
- Labourdonnais 1774, greedy, pastry-like, and accompanied by a farandole of citrus fruits.
- You can find on our youtube channel the live tasting of this box. You will find the producers or distributors of these rums tasting them and commenting on them, in the company of Nico from Rhum Attitude.
- The bottles are made of P.E.T. and not of glass. The aim is to avoid breakage. P.E.T. keeps spirits perfectly, even for several years, without altering the taste, just like glass.
There is no opinion yet.